Re: An URL to ponder

Marc de Groot ([email protected])
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 15:06:52 -0800

> "Mr 'Zap' Andersson" wrote:
> >-- [ From: Mr 'Zap' Andersson * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
> >
> >When you think about the alleged "security" in Java, then check out http:
> >//www.acm.org/classics/sep95/
> >
> >...and ponder.
>
> You're not actually reading Java code to see if it's secure, are you?
>
> Actually, if you look at that again, you'll notice that he mentions that the
> closer you get to the hardware, the harder it is to find the bug. Since C
> and C++ are both closer than Java, I should be trusting apps written in Java
> more than those written in C or C++. What is Meme written in again?

James, don't be ridiculous. You are comparing apples and oranges. If you are
going to compare the two languages, you should either compare what Meme apps
are written in with what Java apps are written in, OR you should compare what
the Meme virtual machine is written in with what the Java virtual machine is
written in.

^M

----
Marc de Groot | Immersive Systems, Inc.
<[email protected]> | http://www.immersive.com
| Rsal VR for the net!
"Act like a dumbs---, and they'll trsat you as an equal." -Rev. Ivan Stang