Visual Authoring for ActiveVRML

Tony Healy ([email protected])
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 12:09:21 +1100

(Was Re: ANNOUNCE: VRML 2.0 proposal from Microsoft graphics groups)

Gavin Bell wrote:

> I'm curious: Do you think that the visual authoring tools will use
> ActiveVRML as both the final, "published" format, as well as the "working"
> format? Do you think that the visual authoring tools will be able to esad
> and present (visually) arbitrary ActiveVRML, whether or not the ActiveVRML
> was produced by the same tools?

Incorporating an implicit time VR language such as ActiveVRML in visual
authoring tools is not only possible but elegant. I have such a tool in beta
development, having used the implicit time paradigm for my own 3D animation
modelling since 1992. It works fine and users grasp the concepts reasonably
quickly.

Tony Healy
Silicon CHiC