Problem with attitude

Jason Hirsch ([email protected])
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 20:56:31 -0500 (EST)

I am sorry to say that I am still being MISQUOTED!
Look what popped up on truespace's mailing list (my original message is
up front with >)
From: "Mark E. Marshall" <[email protected]>
Reply to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Edit For *.cob's

>I have the demo for truespace2.0; I also have fountain.
>If I save a scene with one object in tuespace as a .scn,
>and load it into fountain, ANDDDD
>save the scene(remember, one object only) as a .wrl,
>AANNNNDDDDD
>use uedit(32 bit hex/text editor) to find ?
>What do I need to look for to strip the object info out to save as a .cob
>file? anyone have ascii cob's they would send me to experiment on :) ?
>Thanks.
>Jason Hirsch

This "person" has publicly stated on [email protected]
that he wishes to reverse engineer other peoples hard work,
as his time must be too precious to learn to model (or buy
modeling software) like the rest of us. I ask you to not assist
him in this endevour, as VRML will ultimately suffer if everyone
rips off anything they please.

Now forgive me for overreacting, but I am Pissed off at this little debate.
If this is the attitude everyone now takes at me, I am going to have
renam my world "pirate Ship", and Have a skull and crossbones represent me.

All I want to do is use a demo program to it's full ability, and that
does not include pirating.
The shareware program Exploder allows only ver 1.x ascii .cob files to be
used.
Since I don't have any of those, I need one or two to figure out how
Truespace saves them in a scene (by basically finding them with F3)

Now I guess that was way to much to ask for, because apparently it was a
secret ploy to steal everyones hard worked spheres. Yes, even a simple
sphere would suffice, just so that I could find out where it was stored.

I apologize to all that have asked that this debate/topic be taken off
line; but this message directed at publicly destroying my reputation was
too much. I intend to be here for years if possible; how would that
affect perceptions if it came to be believed as true.

Jason Hirsch

Ps. I am still looking for Lab rats :)