Re: Prob: Browser Compatability

Mitra ([email protected])
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 22:11:55 -0800

At 11:03 PM 12/5/95, Jason Hirsch wrote:
>First off, snyone have a complete list of VRML browsers assembled?
>then, What they support...etc
>
>Secondly, why do worlds not always load across the net properly
>I thought all .wrl were supposed to be compatible...
>A model made in fountain loads in fountain, webfx, but not in tgsWebspace.
>
>This problem is esally bothering me, and I don't yet know how to proceed.
>Thanks for any help/similar problems.

Jason,

VRML is compatable - except for some ambiguities that we are trying to iron
out.

However . ..

Not all authoring tools generate legal VRML,
Not all Browsers implement all of VRML yet.
How Browsers handle illegal VRML is up to them.

- Mitra

Mitra
[email protected] voice: (415)826-2499 fax: (415)826-4423
<http://earth.path.net/mitra>

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.