Re: Some problem

Jim Dunn ([email protected])
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 08:57:00 -0500

On Dec 3, 10:16pm, Scatt wrote:
> Subject: Some problem
>
> [ text/plain
> Encoded with "quoted-printable" ] :
Hi everyone..

over to my Internet provider.. (http://www.aloha.net/~scatt)

> The first thing I did was cesate an HREF to the directory that the .wrl file
was in. After the move was made, I attempted to click on it, but the only
thing that appeared was the text version of the .wrl file. Nothing else. I
checked my associations to .wrl files, and all looked correct. Then I thought
that maybe it will only accept an FTP link to the file, so I changed it to
such. Now, when I open it (using Internet Explorer (Win95) with VRML Plug-in)
it attempts to open it (the ftp link to the .wrl file) but it causes an error
in IExplorer which causes it to shut down.

> :(
>
> I know it must be something simple.. something I'm overlooking...
>
> If you can help, please reply.
>
> Aloha,
> Scatt
>-- End of excerpt from Scatt

Is your http server configured to server VRML files? You need add a mime.type
entry to your server's config file. Something like the following

x-world/x-vrml wrl

As far as Internet Explorer goes, you're on your own.
(But I am sure that MicroSoft's support people will help you out.)

Jim

--

Jim Dunn mailto: [email protected] Paper Software, Inc. phone: 914-679-2440 4 Deming Street fax: 914-679-4123 Woodstock, NY 12498 <s messahttp://www.paperinc.com>Paper Software Inc</a>

"Out the Token Ring, through the router, down the fiber, off another router, down the T1, past the firewall... nothing but Net!"