Re: Billboard Objects?

Cindy Reed ([email protected])
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 18:38:14 -0800

On Nov 30, 5:27pm, Adrian Scott wrote:

> I'm still not clear about putting oddly-shaped textures on oddly-shaped
> objects, though i gather that's something we're all trying to clarify
> in the spec at this point.

Actually, I always used rectangular textures on rectangular polys. I used
alpha to make the cut out parts.

Just as an experiment I made a bunch of people and defined them each as
billboards. They always turned to follow you as you moved through the
crowd. It was really creepy ;-)

Cindy.

--
    |\  | Cindy Reed          [email protected] |
  _/ .`-| 3Name3D / Yglesias,Wallock,Divekar,Inc. |    ,