Re: PHIL: Government Involvement

Patrick Sweeney ([email protected])
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 11:55:30 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Sandy Ressler wrote:

> Gee..I guess the Republicans are succeding in the demonization of all
[ more ramblings about how successful ventures wouldn't exist
without the government deleted]

> It seems to me that interoperability and conformance testing have become
> problems. These can be helped by some effort in the area of validation.
> As pointed out by Paul Burchad:

I agree that standardizations are ceitical. However, my biggest complaint
with ANSI and ISO is the cost. I had recently ordered a copy of the MPEG
documents and they were roughly $500!! Well that is my fifty thousand
cents worth.
- pat
[email protected]