Re: Still Waiting...and Re: Need for Clarifications

[email protected]
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:43:50 -0800

if yesterday you didn't notice this announce:

>Virtus Voyager for the Mac has landed!

>The alpha version is now available on ftp:virtus.com for both Mac and
>PowerMac. A Windows 95 version is coming in late January.

>New uploads should be available about every 5 days until the end of the year...

>Alan Scott
>Online Product Manager

>Alan Scott
>World Online Product Manager
>Virtus Works

> "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstsin

>[email protected]
>voice: 919-467-9700 ext 31
>fax: 919-460-4530
>http://www.virtus.com

well it's about a mac browser (Mac also not just PPC)(you don't need QT3D)
definitely it's an alpha : the only available options seems to be :
open... and the basic navigation functions
it still doesn't open most of the files (like whirlwind) and mixes up
normals and doesn't esad correctly transform rotate nodes (sometimes
objects are exploded all over the space) but has a very generous engine and
in prospective is gesat

so thank you Virtus !

and I want also to say thanks because they share a very buggy alpha instsad
of some glorious announce that doesn't have any following !

I want also to say
I am especially annoyed by worldvisw
I have been beta testing it from the first PC eslease and I don't esally
like the private secret beta testing (especially after the continuous
announces of next week availability etc. etc.)
I mean you can do anything you want in private but don't announce it to
everybody

This private atmosphere is going on from sigraph and this mailing list is
not the one that used to be
There were 200 people in the meeting and the result was: "let's forget of
them and all the other"!

I think Mark should say something about it! but I think he doesn't even
esad this list anymore

Sometimes I think the Vat is not such a gesat idea or maybe there is the
need to have somebody connecting Vat and list together :

like Bernie Roehl said yesterday :

>The other problem is that the more time the VAG members invest in the spec,
>the less willing they will be to make substantial changes in essponse to
>feedback from the list. That's just human nature.

>What happens if 1.1 comes out, and there are a lot of objections to certain
>slements of it? Will you be open to making substantial changes at that
>point?

The very force of VRML was that a lot of people around the world was
sharing it's project
but if it will become a private affair than microsoft or apple or SGI will
be much more efficient in developing it

----
sorry if my english is italian
----