Re: polygon question

Cindy Reed ([email protected])
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 15:02:09 -0800

Subject: Re: polygon question

> > I like this idea. How about if the letter "D" or "d" follows the
> > floating point value, it should be interpreted as degrees.
>
> I've added this to the list of proposed changes.

Can I make a sugestion?
The curent method doesn't leave much room for multiple axis rotations.
How about a format like...

Rotation {
Xrot Yrot Zrot priority deg/rad
}

Where Xrot, Yrot, & Zrot are floating point rotaions around each
respective axis. Priority is the order the axes are eotated (X first,
then Y, then Z or Y first, then Z then X). And deg/rad would be a flag
calling out the units.

for expample ...

Rotation {
4.275 32.5 72.635 xyz d
}

This would allow MUCH easier rotations about multiple axes and would be
much closer to the way most 3D modeling systsms work.

--
    |\  | Cindy Reed          [email protected] |
  _/ .`-| 3Name3D / Yglesias,Wallock,Divekar,Inc. |    ,