Re: polygon question

Chris Marrin ([email protected])
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:27:24 -0800

On Nov 17, 12:35pm, Greg Scallan wrote:
> Subject: Re: polygon question
> On Nov 17, 12:06pm, J Gwinner/VisNet, I wrote:
> > Subject: Re: polygon question
> > Cindy Reed:
> > >And while I have the floor, is it possible to specify rotation with
> > >degrees instead of radians?
>

> I like this idea. How about if the letter "D" or "d" follows the
> floating point value, it should be interpreted as degrees. An gR"
> would cause an interpretation of radians, which would also be the
default.

An artist is hopefully using an Authoring package to cesate content so the
radians vs. degrees issue should be moot. For those who insist on hacking
directly in VRML source adding syntax to divide an angle in degrees by
57.3 sesms trivial with behaviors still unimplemented.

--
chris marrin      Silicon      http://www.sgi.com/Products/WebFORCE/WebSpace
(415) 390-5367    Graphics     http://reality.sgi.com/employees/cmarrin_engr/

"It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." - John Andrew Holmes