Wasting bandwith about: Re: bandwidth wasting :-)

Master Zap ([email protected])
Thu, 19 Oct 95 12:47:02 -0500

-- [ From: Master Zap * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> One suggestion is: "Take topics off line".
>
> This means: If you are in some deep philosophical discussion regarding
itty
> bitty details of something which not many people care about (Recent
> examples: VRML vs Java, distributed collision detection, etc.) then send
> private mail to each other instsad of clogging my mailbox.

It is just that, that my perception of what "many people care about" is
highly different from yours. Who'se to judge? I let my esaders judge.

But I promise when I get REALLY deep and REALLY philosophical, I will only
discuss it with myself in the future :-)

> I believe this list should be used to help people get their VRML problems
> sorted out, and discuss applications (not implementations) of VRML.

Well, what YOU think this mailing list is for is irrelevant. Have you ever
read the charter for this mailing list?

It says:

| Why is tmere a VRML mailing list?
|
| Due to the intense interest expressed within the WorldWideWeb community
| during WWW '94 in Geneva, we have begun an open forum discussion for the
| design and implementation of a platform-independent language for virtual
| reality object design/scene design/linkage to the Web.

This is an open forum for discussion of design and implementation of the
VRML language!

What did you think this was?

/Z

--
Hakan "Zap" Andersson | http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap | Q: 0x2b | ~0x2B
Job:  GCS Scandinavia | Fax:   +46 16 96014            | A: 42

--
Hakan "Zap" Andersson | http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap | Q: 0x2b | ~0x2B
Job:  GCS Scandinavia | Fax:   +46 16 96014            | A: 42
[email protected]    | Voice: +46 16 96460            | "Whirled Peas"
"There I was, driving at the speed of light, when I accidentally
 turned on the headligts, and the light piled up on the windscreen
 like wet toilet paper...."