Re: ADMIN: VRML + JAVA - A Wedding

Bernie Roehl ([email protected])
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 13:33:10 -0400

James Waldrop writes:
> [re: Zap's posting]
> Well, you just said your proposal would forbid all but slight deviations
> from nondeterminism.

No, that's not what he said. In fact, he said the opposite; that behavior
that runs in more than one place *must* be deterministic, to ensure the
world doesn't become wildly inconsistent.

> I have a serious problem with that, since the most
> interesting behaviors aren't deterministic.

Right, but the non-deterministic behavior can't be run separately on each
host; if it were, you'd have chaos!

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering