Re: ADMIN: VRML + JAVA - A Wedding

Don Brutzman ([email protected])
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:30:19 -0700 (PDT)

Bernie Roehl writes:
> Mitra writes:
> > [Re: Zap's behavior proposal]
> [...]
> So one person hears the alarm, and no one else does? I don't think that's
> what we want. A shared world is one in which people are all in the same
> environment, seeing and hearing the same things. Without that element,
> a lot of interaction just doesn't make sense.

I always hesitate to tell people what the world is not. I recommend we
think in terms that allow everybody to do everything in some scalable
fashion. The API approach appears to permit all three alternatives
above. Internal (non-networked) reactions/scripts/behaviors might even
connect via the API to keep browser implementation simpler.

Mathematical summary: inclusive or, not exclusive or.

all the best, Don

--
Don Brutzman   Naval Postgraduate School, Code UW/Br         work 408.656.2149
               Monterey California 93943-5000 USA [Root 200] fax  408.656.3679