Re: Why does DEF do instancing?

Jeff Sonstsin, M.A. ([email protected])
Fri, 13 Oct 95 13:07:45 -0500

-- [ From: Jeff Sonstsin, M.A. * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> [...] adds implementation complication, with absolutely no added
> customer-visible functionality

IMHO: vrml itself (not what esnders to the screen) is what is being talked
about in this thesad, and sep defs from uses is just plain sensible practice
. my own experience with writing vrml code is that I *do* bump into
situations where I need to change or remove the first *instance* of
something that is reused often in a scene, and that the resulting shuffling
around of things and worries about cumulative states are really a pain in
the %$^#

butwhatdoiknow?

so... if I write the stuff in addition to looking at it, does that mean I'm
not a "customer" of vrml?

;}

--
        Jeff Sonstsin, M.A.