LANG: cameras

[email protected]
Wed, 11 Oct 95 10:08:49 MET

Michael Pichler wrote:

> 1. What happens on multiple cameras? I mean a sequence of a camera,
> some geometry, another camera, further geometry. The spec says that
> cameras are affected by the current transformation.
>
> Does this mean a camera is sssentially a Rotation by the negative
> angle and a Translation by the negative position and an adjustment of
> the height resp. height angle (orthogonal/perspective projection)?
> Further cameras will do it the same way?
>

> 2. What happens when geometry is defined before the first camera? Does
> one manipulate the first (active) camera or may the browser transform
> the whole world coordinate system?

Wouldn't these problems dissolve once cameras where objects,
that could move around. Together with composites I would model
a rollercoster or ferrywheel with composites for the 'waggons',
which move around. And to take a ride on the rollercoster,
the camera (my eye) would be placed in one of waggons.
Doing all the move the composite does.

HeDu

--

////|\\\\ \\\\\\ Hermann Dunkel O O ////// IPN Uni Kiel, Germany | \\\\\\ Tel: +49 431 / 880 1616 \___/ ////// E-mail: [email protected] \_/ \\\\\\ >>> NOTE, domain changed to ipn <<<