Re: Interactive Agents and the Web

Mitra ([email protected])
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 09:27:38 -0700

At 6:06 AM 10/4/95, Chris Bloom wrote:
>We want to establish Telescript as the language of choice for creating active
>networked applications.

Chris,

Much as I've been excited by the claims made by General Magic, it won't be
taken seriously as a "language of choice for creating active networked
applications." until you can point us to its definition i.e. give networked
application developers a URL for it. Only then will a free conversation be
able to be held as to whether General Magic has made the right choices in
its design.

Its really easy to make claims about network technology, its much harder to
deliver on them. For example how can we consider the scalability of
Telescript, when we don't even know how it propogates across the network.

- Mitra

Mitra
[email protected]
Worlds Inc