Re: Interactive Agents and the Web

Chris Bloom ([email protected])
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 06:46:05 -0700

On Oct 4, 9:29am, Claude L. Bullard wrote:
> ... Mitra's point on
> the need to review the protocol is well taken.
> Telescript is on the list of products that
> I will be looking at for a report to my
> customers this quarter. More detailed
> technical information will be required.
> While interactive agents are a topic of
> interest, extensibility beyond the WWW
> set of notations and multi-protocol support
> will be the "showstopping" features as
> well as a standards provenance. As was
> the case with PDF, to be acceptable, a
> Publically Available Specification (PAS)
> and the statement that General Magic makes
> the specification available for royalty-free
> development will be required. Without
> these, the government market will not
> be a simple place to do business.
>
> Len Bullard

Len,

I can appreciate your concerns and speak for
General Magic when I say we are committed to
opening up Telescript. I hope the statements
I used in reply to Mitra's message make clear
our intentions and also compel you and your
colleagues to join us at the conference. For
more information on the conference check out
http://cnn.genmagic.com

--->CBB (http://www.meer.net/~bloom)

--
Christopher B. Bloom