Re: Annoucement: Local Browser Execution

Reed Wade ([email protected])
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 09:49:24 -0500

>On Dec 13, 17:36, George Phillips wrote:
>
>I'm not saying it is a "bad" or "wrong" thing. But it has to be
>pointed out that the possibility for Trojan Horses here is
>mind-boggling. One of the students here had FTP'd a shar file

There will soon be a version of TCL/TK which includes a 'safe'
operating mode. It is mainly intended for active email but
would provide a very good operating environment for untrusted
scripts gotten via WWW.

We intend to use it quite heavily to provide more services via
the WWW client we're working on.

Reed Wade
[email protected]