Re: Transparent gif design on the PC

Ian Kallen ([email protected])
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 08:24:20 +0100

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Brian D. Goodwin wrote:

> LView Pro for Windows. Available at fine CICA mirrors everywhere. It's
> not a photoshop plug-in, but it is quite simple to use. Make sure you
> get Lview Pro, not the plain Lview.

hmmm, been unable to get Lview Pro to generate the transparency...background
persists. Care to elaborate how rendered the GIF transparent with it??
Thanks.

> Brian Goodwin
> University of Portland Printing Services
> [email protected]
>
> On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Kevin Buttler wrote:
>

> > Text item: Transparent gif design on the PC
> >
> > Anybody out there know of any programs for the PC where I can make the
> > background transparent.
> > There is a program available at
> > http://melmac.corp.harris.com/transparent_images.html called
> > giftrans that I tried to use to no avail. I'm trying to find something I
> > can use with Photoshop 3.0....any
> > ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > [email protected]
Yea, I was unable to get that 'giftrans' thang to work as marqueed.
Certainly there must be some ms-windows shareware that'll do the trick
-- have'nt found it yet!

<sigh>
alas: I went over to the mac on the next desk over, used 'gifconverter' and
'transparency' to achieve the desired effect....
</sigh>

On the Net, email me at [email protected]
On the Web, check me at http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/~ikallen/ian.kallen.html
"I'm not crabby, I'm pensive." - Tate